I've been MIA for a few days because my hubbie and I went to Las Vegas for some sun and fun. Found both in abundance! We don't gamble but we manage to find lots of other things to do. We usually stay for about 3 days but this was a long trip - 5 whole days of sunshine. We stayed at the Wynn hotel which was great, such a nice hotel. Big, beautiful rooms; awesome restaurants and a great pool. It's across the street from the Fashion Show mall (Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom etc) and the other corner is the new Palazzo Hotel and the Venetian with all of their cool shops (and a canal with gondolas, inside!).
Here are my top Vegas tips (can't help you with blackjack or poker)
- Walk down the strip to the La Salsa restaurant near MGM for their $3.95 breakfast special - 2 eggs, potatoes, tortillas & bacon, sausage or ham. You can't beat that!
- If your hotel has a "European" style pool, AKA topless, try it out. I never see anybody topless but it's always quieter and less crowded than the main pool and it's over 21 so no screaming kids.
- Wear good shoes! Everything is much, much farther than you think. I managed to get a blister the first day and had to fight it for the whole rest of the time I was there.
- Dress up! You cannot be overdressed in Vegas. This is your chance to wear the heels, push up bra, short skirt, big hair, jewelry or whatever makes you feel fabulous. Time enough to be sensible at home.
- Drink water, lots and lots of water. The dry desert air, hot sun, air conditioning and margaritas will dehydrate you terribly.
We tried something new this year, went hiking at Red Rocks park. I'll tell you all about it and post some pictures later.